Thursday, August 6, 2009

Feel the Love

In the last few days my sweet friend Chalice has been helping me start this blog, among other things. {She's my computer guru} I keep calling her at odd times throughout each day to ask yet another silly question. Thank goodness for her and her patience and caring.

My kids are getting summer fever and are arguing with each other and friends. What to do! My 3 yr old Britton thinks he's big stuff and will say, "I'm going to beat your butt!" and stuff. I won't even allow my older kids to say stuff like that. I guess it's either soap in the mouth or hot sauce time! Every morning around 9:30 or 10:00, Layton and Syndee's friends Aaliyah, Chenneill, Boy and Damian call to come over and play. Layton and Sydnee are never finished with their work so it's either wait til later or help them clean. {I like the 'help them clean' myself} Mase is my indepedant player and is pretty self sufficient until someone bothers him or something. Thank goodness for my Mase.

We've been trying this last week as a family to each night : Brush teeth, take a bath, read scriptures, have family prayer and then get them in bed {their own beds} with personal prayers and hugs and kisses by 9:00pm. Each night it gets better and last night we would've made it if Layton and Mase would've stayed in bed. We'll keep trying cause this is GREAT!!! Damon loves to have our bed child-free so he can watch his wrestling programs on tv.

Last but not least I'm re-enrolling at MCC for the fall semester, majoring in nursing. I will have a full load taking bio181, chem130, eng102 and maybe bowling. {I know bowling isn't hard but I only need 1 more credit to be full time and don't want a class where you have to study a lot.} So..........if I don't respond to friends and family in a timely manner you'll know why. Plus, all of you will probably be helping by either proof reading papers, helping to organize my thoughts on things or studying for tests. Hope to hear from all of you soon! If you see Damon with the kids without me you'll know why. Give him encouragement cause I'm sure he'll need it. Thank goodness for Damon and his willingness to take a larger role in our family or I wouldn't be able to return to school.

1 comment:

  1. awww, you are so welcome! I will miss you a ton while you're schooling and such! I'll be here for you--to read papers and such. I am sure it'll be quite the adjustment, but you'll do great.
    I am so proud of you with doing your bedtime routine and I know it is blessing your family.

    Much luv!

    ReplyDelete