Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I just LOVE firsts...

Wow, it's already the first day of school. Layton, Sydnee and Mase are sooooooooo excited to finally be going back. Layton is beginning 2nd grade at Franklin and his teacher is Ms. Rother. We heard she is great and really loves her kids! Sydnee is starting 1st grade and she got Layton's old teacher Mrs. Benson as her teacher. I really like her as well. Mase is in KINDERGARTEN!!! He is going to AM kindergarten at Franklin and his teacher is Mrs. Stradling. She seems so patient and kind. I'm sure he's going to have a great year. So, it's just going to be Britton and I at home. I still get to keep him at home with me for another 2 years. yeah!! Isn't Mase so handsome! He had a little drama in the beginning. Mase saw some of his friends from church {Ethan and David} and just followed them to class.......too bad they have a different teacher. After that misadventure everything else went well.

Syndee is so Adorable! As we were waiting for the kids to come home from school, another mother asked me if my daughter was the one with the polka-dot ribbons in her hair. I said "yes" and she said "she is such a cutie!" Sydnee had a great first day and already earned 3coins of pirate money. She only needs 2 more to get a prize from the treasure chest. Way to go, Sydnee!

Layton is so Awesome! Layton actually saw Sydnee at recess for a minute {but of course didn't say hi} - how fun! They are doing testing the first week.....so no fun there, but he got to go to the Library which was fun. Not only can 2nd graders choose books from the whole library, but they can check out, not one, but two books at a time.
After the kids were safely in school, Chalice and I decided to take Jake and Britton out for fun. We went to McDonalds and just let the kids run and play. At first they were sliding down themselves, then they decided their cars would like to have a turn. All in all it was a great day! Finally, we have started to potty train Britton. He's only made it to the toilet once but we're still hopeful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelly! It's Krista Cook- Brown. I saw your blog link on Tina McKinnons. I LOVED your school pics at the bus stop. It's great to see that you are doing well. By the way.... I taught at Franklin with Mrs. Stradling and also with Ms. Rother. They're both great! I actually set Ms. Rother up with a doctor I once worked for. She's an amazing woman. Both of them are! Hope your kids have a great year.

    ReplyDelete